LFG.HU Fórum
Wiseman

English Langauge gamers!

numa_pompilius

Ajánlott hozzászólások

numa_pompilius
Kezdés dátuma
Kezdés dátuma

Hello all! I just moved to Hungary a few months ago, living in Gödöllő. I speak very little Hungarians, so I'm hoping to meet some gamers who want to game in English. I am willing to GM, and have a few campaign ideas and games on offer:

Star Wars: Probably do this with Mutants and Masterminds.

Napoleonic Wars: Run with Burning Wheel

Ghost in the Shell: Using GURPS or BESM

Transhuman Space: Using GURPS, again.

Anyone interested, email me at mencelus01@yahoo.com, or PM me here. Thanks.

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Szabtom
Kelt:
Kelt:

Hi Mencelus!

I may be interested. I have sent you a private message. Btw I think you are the first person ever to try to organize English gaming sessions in these forums. ;)

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Cain
Kelt:
Kelt: (szerkesztett)

Hi Mencelus !

PM is on the way ! ;)

BR, Cain

szerkesztette : Cain
Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:
Kelt:

Heya guys! Sent PMs both your ways! Hope I read the buttons right!

Anyway, for the rest of you out there (47 views!), don't be shy, give English gaming a try! ;)

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Attila
Kelt:
Kelt:

Glad to see that you've found rpg.hu. Unfortunately Gödöllő is a bit far for me...

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:
Kelt:

Well Attila, I'm hoping we might get a place to meet for folks in Budapest actually, since I can get there easily and others might live there too, or can ge there easily (like from Szentendre, etc).

Where are you? Debrecen? Miskolc?

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:

Oh, I forgot. I also got Paranoia XP with me, so a good one-shot can be run with that as well - great game, that is.

And of course, with GURPS, BESM, and M&M, I can run kinda anything. Burning Wheel is the perfect game for fantasy too, so, I'm very flexible.

C'mon folks, give English gaming a try! You too can game in English! What fun! Excitement guaranteed! ;)

szerkesztette : Mencelus
Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Szabtom
Kelt:
Kelt:

Hmm, Paranoia XP has all 5s for substance in rpg.net reviews. No game can be that good! :rohog: I would give it a try, though. :titok:

Mencelus, what kind of place do you hope to find? Are you looking for a club or use someone's apartement? Actually, I would prefer a place somewhere inside the city. But that's just a preference and not a criteria.

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Decado_Arkel
Kelt:
Kelt:
Hmm, Paranoia XP has all 5s for substance in rpg.net reviews. No game can be that good!

Mutant commie traitor. Prepare to get vaporized :ZAP: :titok:

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Attila
Kelt:
Kelt:
Oh, I forgot. I also got Paranoia XP with me, so a good one-shot can be run with that as well - great game, that is.

Classic, Straight or Zap style?

(XP is good, but I prefer 2nd edition...)

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:

Hehe, yeah, Paranoia is one of the gem's of RPGs. It is worth all the 5 stars it gets. The two games I ever played with it degenrated into mayhem before we'd even left the briefing room. I would LOVE to run that one. It would be fun. The Computer says its fun. Fun is mandatory. Not having fun is treason. You don't want to commit treason, do you citizen? :titok:

Me, Attila, I prefer Classic. Zap is okay and we accidentally had a Straight game my second time playing ever, though that's because my old group had just watch the movie "Brazil."

Szabtom, I'm sort of hoping someone has an apartment big enough or a house we can all go to for gaming. My place in Gödöllő isn't really big enough (we haven't got a big table anyway). Or are there cool restaurants or other places one can game in Budapest? I'm new so I don't know (in Japan, a group of us gamed in a Shakey's restaurant in some dark corner - the staff didn't mind because we ate and drank for like 4-5 hours).

So, if anyone is interested in a game of Paranoia...we can all kill Decado Ar'kel, who is (and I have evidence!) a mutant commie traitor. Come together, loyal servants of the Computer!

And my other games as well. I am rather open minded.

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Szabtom
Kelt:
Kelt:

Paranoia sounds fun. And I just read a rather in-depth review on rpg.net. I think I could enjoy it. :titok:

I have an idea that might save the day: there is a cafe/teahouse near Kalvin square in the city. It's an arabic style (imitated, but it doesn't hurt) cafe with cushions on the floor and 100 different sorts of tea. You can buy some biscuits, too. I think it would be the perfect for us, though you might have to travel maybe an 1 hour from Godollo.

If we reserve a place by phone, then we should never have problems with a place to play. Oh, and it was recommended to me by other gamers, so I guess our sort is welcome there. :rohog:

As far as I know it's a trendy meeting place for students and alternative sessions like watching Anime movies.

And they have special puff chairs filled with plastic bubbles. They are very comfy (and healthy they say)!

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:
Kelt:

Doesn't sound bad at all! Easy to get to the place you mentioned, yeah? If they like our kind there, then it would be a good place to set up a group, eh?

Now, all we need is more players! Ladies and Gentlemen! This is your big chance! Paranoia XP in English by an experienced Paranoia player! Come one, come all! PM me or post here or email me! Give it a try! It's fun! Szabtom is a good guy! He loves XP, even though he's never played it!

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Decado_Arkel
Kelt:
Kelt:
So, if anyone is interested in a game of Paranoia...we can all kill Decado Ar'kel, who is (and I have evidence!) a mutant commie traitor. Come together, loyal servants of the Computer!

Well said citizen, Decado 'R' kel was a communist mutant traitor, and he has been execu... commited by his crime.

Iam glad to inform you that Decad 'U' ar'kel (yes, ultraviolet, citizen :titok: ) has been asigned in charge of thet communist mutant. He's happy. He's mad. He ensures, that eweryone will be happy. (and mad).

The computer is your friend. Trust him. Love him.

Szabtom :

have an idea that might save the day: there is a cafe/teahouse near Kalvin square in the city. It's an arabic style (imitated, but it doesn't hurt) cafe with cushions on the floor and 100 different sorts of tea.

Hmm... is that the Sirius ? (or the Cdfű ? )

Mencelus

Did you play SW D6 ?

Ps : (sorry for my bad english :rohog: (my hungarian is equally bad))

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:
Kelt:

An Ultraviolet? Heh, um, let me lick your boots citizen, they don't look clean enough :titok:

As a matter of fact, I have extensively played D6 Star Wars, but my only copy is at home in the States. I played maybe 13 years ago. I would love to play it again, and to even buy it again if someone has a copy of the revised and expanded rules for it - great game, that.

Otherwise, the cafe place sounds like a good meeting spot. Again, we just need some players. PM me or post here! I've got definete yeahs from Szabtom and Me. Possibly others?

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Sertorius_Messalla
Kelt:

I would be happy if I"ll have the opportunity to play RPG in english, but unfortunately I don't know the rules of these games (but I am interested in them- it this correct? :titok: ) But I am also afraid that my englis does not well enough to understand everything :rohog:

ps: The CdFű is a good place...

szerkesztette : Sertorius Messalla
Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Szabtom
Kelt:
Kelt:

The place I mentioned is called Sziriusz. It is a 5 minute walk from Kalvin square.

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:

Well, Sertorius, I would say don't worry. I have gamed with a large variety of people when I lived in Japan of varying English abilities, from beginner (one of his friends had to translate) to better than mine (at least he was more grammatically correct than me!).

I'm a langauge professor so my patience is infinite, and I undestand what people are trying to say. Also, I speak a little Hungarian, so I can fill in in some spaces (though others can help as well).

So, message is, don't worry! You'll be just fine.

As for game rules famililarity, we can help you! Most of the games I got have simple die mechanics, and I can prepare a rules checksheet before the games, so there won't be confusion.

For Paranoia, the rules are super loose anyway, so there won't be an issue there - you can see how you feel in the game and my and others' English as well. It's a good first-gaming-together game. And in a year, you can treat me to a game in Hungarian! (Well, yeah, one year maybe if I study hard - my wife is a Hungarian speaker so it helps, eh?).

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Ymdar
Kelt:
Kelt:

Mencelus:

Cool, english gaming sounds nice. How many players do you prefer?

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Decado_Arkel
Kelt:
An Ultraviolet? Heh, um, let me lick your boots citizen, they don't look clean enough

"Sweet, soo sweet" - Eric Cartman :lol:

As a matter of fact, I have extensively played D6 Star Wars, but my only copy is at home in the States. I played maybe 13 years ago. I would love to play it again, and to even buy it again if someone has a copy of the revised and expanded rules for it - great game, that.

:ugri:

Unfortunately, we have only the Empire sourcebook in english, our copys are all hungarian. :D

Otherwise, the cafe place sounds like a good meeting spot. Again, we just need some players. PM me or post here! I've got definete yeahs from Szabtom and Me. Possibly others?

:definitiveyeah:

szerkesztette : Decado Ar'kel
Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

numa_pompilius
Kelt:
Kelt:

To Ymdar - Well, a good group for Paranoia is about, say, 4-6 people. Can be bigger but with all the note passing it would be a GM nightmare. But, with 4-6 people, we could easily do other games as well after the one shot, if everyone is happy.

To Decado - Uram, welcome! It is good to have you citizen. And you can help me explain the game and the style. That makes three confirmed, and it sounds like Ymdar is in as well. That makes 4 so far! Yeah! So, one or two more would be nice...

For reading in English, you can find a good review of Paranoia XP here:

short one: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10673.phtml

long one: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10768.phtml

Those should give you some good ideas about the game. As for the other rules sets I mentioned, Sertorious, you can check reviews in English on the same site. Lots of good stuff. In fact, on the forums there, I was told about THIS site by some other Hungarians. :ugri:

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

ToxinBoy
Kelt:
Kelt:

Mencelus:

Hi!

I would like to play in English too, but I have the same problems as Sertorius. But if Sertorius doesn't have to worry, I think neither I have to, so I give it a try. :ugri: I'm more interested and exited than worried. :D

Sirius is a good place to play. We should discuss the time too.

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Attila
Kelt:
Kelt:

Count me in too.

I have an additional rulebook too, that probably gonna be useful. (Same goes for GURPS, BESM and stuff too...)

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Ymdar
Kelt:
Kelt:

Mencelus:

I'm going to hell if I'm gonna pass this opportunity to play in another language. So I'm in. :ugri:

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Szabtom
Kelt:
Kelt:

Great! How many are we now? 6 or 7 including Mencelus?

Link a témához
Megosztás más oldalakon

Hozz létre egy felhasználói fiókot, vagy jelentkezz be

Megjegyzés írásához felhasználói fiók kell

Fiók létrehozása

Regisztrálj egy új felhasználói fiókot közösségünkben.

Új felhasználói fiók létrehozása

Belépés

Van már felhasználói fiókod? Lépj be itt.

Lépj be

Magazin

Az LFG.HU az RPG.HU jogutódja. Az RPG.HU a Nemzeti Kulturális Örökség Minisztériuma által jegyzett magazin. Nyilvántartási szám: 3.4.1.1467/1999.

© Copyright 1997-2010 RPG.HU, 2010-2021 LFG.HU - Minden jog fenntartva

Kik vagyunk

LFG: Looking For Group - csapatkeresés közös játékhoz. Az RPG-s rövidítés azonban nemcsak szerepjátékos csapatoknak szól. Oldalunk a kártyák, társasok kedvelőitől az SF-F irodalom szerelmesein át minden játékosnak szól.

• Újat készíteni...